This page outlines the process to become an active MRC volunteer. If you have any questions or difficulties, please contact us.
Submit completed materials to MRC Coordinator (details at right)
Step 1: Complete Registration Process
- www.servfl.com – SERVFL Online Application and Database
Register in Florida’s statewide volunteer database. Keeping your information current in SERVFL is critical as this is how the MRC communicates important information regarding activations, deployment, and other information.
Provides sovereign immunity (liability) protection while volunteering provides workers compensation coverage while volunteering
You are well on your way!
Step 2: Complete FREE Training Courses
Both Required IS courses are available online at the links below. Course completion certificates will be sent to you via email. Be sure to save and print course completion certificates and email copies of the certificates to [email protected] to update your MRC records.
(Classroom option available.)
Step 3: Attend a West Central Florida MRC Orientation
- Completion of required paperwork
- Overview of opportunities & expectations
- Review of MRC Core Competencies
- Review of HIPPA requirements
- Open forum & discussion
- Complete background check, fingerprinting, and photo
- Sign Department of Health code of conduct attestation
- Receive official West Central Florida MRC hat
You will receive your MRC ID & your To Go Kit including your backpack and response supplies
You have met the minimum requirements to become a full member of the West Central Florida Medical Reserve Corps (MRC)!